Whenever I start a new web project, the initial steps are pretty much the same:
- Create a new folder, in my case in
- Change the ownership of the new folder
- Come up with a new hostname, e.g.
- Create an entry in
- Create an Apache virtual host for it
- Create a new database
- Create a new Git repository
- Intialise the Git repository
- Create a new project in Sublime
Not particularly hard, but pretty repetitive. And if something’s repetitive, chances are it can be scripted!
So here’s what I came up with: